2018 Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster – The GT C uses a version of the same dry-sump, 4. 0-liter twin-turbo V8 used in smaller AMG GT models, with extra boost bringing capacity to 550 hp. Will be certainly a little of noticeable turbocharged lag, but once everything is spooled up, ability delivery is nice and smooth completely up to its 7000-rpm redline.
Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster Key Features
- The 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT C : MSRP $157,000
- Passenger capacity : 2
- Trunk capacity : 10.1 cu ft
- Transmission type : 7-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT® DCT
- Engine : Handcrafted 4.0L AMG V8 biturbo
- Power : 550 hp @ 5,750-6,750 rpm
- Acceleration, 0-60 mph : 3.6 sec
- City fuel economy : 15 mpg
- Highway fuel economy : 20 mpg
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster Exterior Dimensions
- Overall height : 49.6 in (top up)
- Overall lengt : 179.0 in
- Overall widt : 81.7 in (w/mirrors)
- Wheelbase : 103.5 in
- Coefficient of drag : TBD
- Curb weight : 3,660 lbs
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster Interior Dimensions
- Trunk capacity : 10.1 cu ft
- This kind of is easily one of the sweetest turbo power generators I’ve ever driven, and it should be the best sounding too. Much like all GT models, this engine is paired to a seven-speed dual-clutch transaxle that maybe isn’t quite as good as Porsche’s PDK, but is still darn close. Leaving it in automated mode in Sport + or Race offers it an aggressive move program that rips off quick downshifts in heavy braking.The GT C is down 27 horse power compared to the GRAND TOURING R, but if you can spot the big difference you’re probably Tobias Moers, the wonderfully brash mind of AMG. Plus, both the GT C and GT R have a shorter final drive proportion than lesser GTs, so acceleration in both is way more than sufficient. AMG quotes a 0-60 mph time of 3. 6 seconds for the coupe and the roadster is merely a tenth in back of.
This is a vehicle that likes going fast. Actually, really, really fast. The GT C doesn’t offer the effortless rewire-your-brain velocity you get in a 911 Turbo, but is actually some distance off. It’s a car that feels slow than it is in reality, and it still feels damn fast. Receive overexcited on a back again road, and you’ll find yourself at speeds that are, parenthetically slightly higher than advisable. Speeds that I wasn’t fully at ease with, even when the car was.
As road automobiles are concerned, the camp 469-hp GT is more than quick enough, but the GT C brings one huge advantage over less models–rear-axle steering straight off the GT R. Beneath, 62 mph, the back wheels turn in the contrary direction of the methodologies, and above, all four wheels turn in the same direction. The system only offers no more than one particular. 5 degrees of turning for the rear rims, however the effect on the GT’s driving dynamics is dramatic.
Driving a foundation GT and a GRAND TOURING C back-to-back was helpful. You immediately spot the rear-wheel steering helping with low-speed maneuvering, and it really gets better on the road. You effectively get a car that also consider feels incredibly nimble and stable. Consider rear-axle directing essential for the AMG GT.